9069RE: [SeattleRobotics] way beyond a newbie....

  • dlc@verinet.com
    Nov 1, 2001
      Great post! It brings up some ideas that I didn't initially think of for
      helpful resources.

      For beginners in electronics, these are great resources:
      Radio Shack: Forrest Mimms' electronics series - great helpers.
      Don Lancaster's "TTL Cookbook" is great for using and understanding
      logic chips.

      Beginners in robotics
      Parallax Basic Stamp II and Scott Edwards "Programming and Customizing
      the Basic Stamp Computer (2nd edition)", The Board of Education goes
      well with this book and the Stamp II (IIP,IISX,...)

      There is no gentler introduction to sensor/microprocessor interfacing
      than the Stamps. When you graduate out to HC11/12, AVR or PIC chips you
      can still find a use for that Stamp II!

      Tons of fun out there - go for it!

      DLC
      --