      From: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
      To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:27:45 -0700
      Subject: RE: [SeattleRobotics] Robothon 2014 Sumo Rules update

      Hi, friends!

      I'm new here, but personally I would say go for it if people want to use Bluetooth, on the understanding of course that they accept the possible consequences of interference.

      :-)

      On Aug 15, 2014 4:19 PM, "Rob Purdy kb7wnz@... [SeattleRobotics]" <SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Any 2.4 G R/C device should be ok.  It was mandatory at Robogames 5 years ago.  The only time you'll run into issues is when some one starts running too many video streams. ) Mec warfare guys cleaned out the spectrum with their cameras. Once they were separated to the other side of the venue it seemed to alleviate the problems.

      Rob

      To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
      From: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 23:32:03 +0100

      > I have updated the official rules for this years R\C 3kg event to
      > correctly
      > reflect use of 2.4 GHz systems for control.

      Just out of interest ...

      Does that mean people can use Bluetooth? Presumably two contestants can use
      BT at the same time (each with their own pairing). Do contestants find
      that's OK? Is interference or response time a problem? Do spectators' phones
      hog the airwaves to an unacceptable extent?