48197Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: [RoboMinds] Resurrecting my 68332 MRM

  • dpa_io
    Jan 21, 2014

      Peter & James, thanks for the kind words.  Shucks, my ears are burning.   Speaking of which, I have just recently completed the port of nBot's code to the MRM controller and updated the hardware thusly:

      <http://geology.heroy.smu.edu/dpa-www/robo/nbot/nbot7/nbot7_01.jpg>

      The MRM is mounted on a daughter board which is the same size as the old processor board, so I didn't have to drill any new mounting holes.  (lazy).   Also added an Xbee serial module to the MRM console port, so I don't have to connect up any cables to download to the robot, and also now have a telemetry stream:

      <http://geology.heroy.smu.edu/dpa-www/robo/nbot/nbot7/nbot7_02.jpg>

      Yes, the pole balancing algorithm translated directly to the balancing robot.   Also much easier to get working, as a not-yet-balancing two wheel robot can be a pretty violent thing.

      best regards,

      dpa

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic