48185RE: [RoboMinds] Resurrecting my 68332 MRM

  • Mark Castelluccio
    Jan 17, 2014

      Do you get a checksum error reported when you boot CPU32Bug?  If so, you have a corrupted CPU32Bug and it needs to be reloaded using BDM.

      Can you load the mctest.s19 routine?  Does it run and pass the RAM test?

      In the MRM version of CPU32Bug, the EF command is a macro.  The macro is ‘go $8e800’.  Which runs a routine in the flash that erases the user area of the flash.  The command response looks correct except that you do not return to the command prompt.  If I remember correctly, the erase routine copies itself into the internal RAM of the 68332 and runs from there.

      The external RAM is only powered by the battery when power is not connected.  With power connected, the RAM should work with or without the battery.

      Mark