48100Planning laser cut project

  • Randy Carter
    Nov 2, 2013
      I'm planning a project made of ABS plastic. I was thinking of using Pololu's laser cutting service to make the parts. What kind of CAD program is good to use, preferably cheap (aka free)? Are there any pitfalls I should try to avoid? Can parts be nested so that waste cut out of part A can be used to make parts C and D? Do they charge extra for using 2 or more thicknesses of material?

      "What the detractors and critics of electric vehicles
      have been saying for years, is true. The electric
      vehicle is not for everybody, given the limited range
      it can only meet the needs of 90% of the population."

      Ed Begley Jr.