48015Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: Robomagellan rules question

  • Bob Cook
    Sep 5, 2013
      On 2013-09-05, at 8:26 AM, "dpa_io" <davida@...> wrote:

      > Hey Randy, not to be dis'ing jBot, it needs no "pre-walk" to run a Robomagellan course! Just the target waypoints. It figures out everything else by itself.

      Awesome, I wish you were coming to Robothon, your robot is a fantastic creation and the envy of many. There are a few others who can accomplish the same feat, but very few.

      > However, from where I sit, "cheating" has not been so much a problem with RoboMagellan, as has been "participation." Over emphasis on the former seems to depress the later.

      Completely agree. I'd rather bend the rules to encourage more participation than worry about the "legalese". We need more people building roving robots.

      - Bob
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic