48013Re: Robomagellan rules question

  • dpa_io
    Sep 5, 2013
      Hey Randy, not to be dis'ing jBot, it needs no "pre-walk" to run a Robomagellan course! Just the target waypoints. It figures out everything else by itself.

      However, from where I sit, "cheating" has not been so much a problem with RoboMagellan, as has been "participation." Over emphasis on the former seems to depress the later.

      dpa

      --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "Randy M. Dumse" <rmd@...> wrote:

      > I really don't know David. Here are two very similar cases, how can you say
      > no them?
      >

      > 1.) I bring a robot with a handheld GPS. I leave the robot at the start,
      > and walk the handheld CPS only on the course.
      >
      > 2.) I bring two GPS (let them both be handhelds, OR, two identical phones
      > with GPS). I walk one phone/GPS. I leave the other on the robot back at the
      > start. I transfer the information from one to the other. (Could be by
      > exchanging MicroSD, or even by nearfield communications with nothing
      > physical from the walk'd one to the sitting one.
      >

      > If you don't exclude using identical GPS equipment in both cases, what's the
      > difference? And wasn't this the original idea , for example with JBot, where
      > DPA was going to be able to detach his ETrax, and walk with it?
      >

      > Randy

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic