47373Re: Gripping Fragile parts with Robotic Arm

  • jamericanfreddy
    Dec 4, 2012
      Here is the page for one type ,they do have others
      https://www.sparkfun.com/products/7902

      Now to make the sensor you need a 2 tiny copper plates and some soft insulator material to go between them
      Its been a long time since i work on that project,but since i got a full machine shop with every machine need,like a lathe and milling machine
      Will be working on my hand design some time soon
      I am thinking thin layer of open cell foam might work,can easy get it at home depot and one side is sticky,i think the copper needs to be facing each other,
      ALSO there is circuits for capacitance to analog
      FRED
      --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Balch" <peterbalch@...> wrote:

      > > they gave me piezo sensor and capacitive type of force sensors
      > > if you go to [sparkfun ] sensors then capacitance you will see some chips
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > I can see some touch sensor chips but not any capacitive force sensors or
      > chips.
      >
      > I know that capacitive force sensors exist but I haven't found an easy
      > supply yet.
      >
      > Peter

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic