      From: David Jason <davidjason441@...>
      To: "SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com" <SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:32 AM
      Subject: [SeattleRobotics] Gripping Fragile parts with Robotic Arm

      Hi,

       I am a newbie. It might be very basic and typical Question :)

      I have a 6 DOF Serial robotic arm manipulator (ED7220C). At the moment it is only equipped with motor encoders. What I want to do is to let the gripper hold various kinds of objects (fragile objects like egg without breaking it and rigid objects like metallic). One way is to add Force sensors to the Gripper and then implement closed-loop feedback control system. What kind of sensors I need? Any clue (part no)? Would be happy to read your experiences? Secondly, is there more better and easy way of achieving my goal?

      Thanks for your help.

      Regards,
      DJ

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic