46386RE: [SeattleRobotics] Re: Accurate odometry

  • Alan
    Jan 3, 2012
      OK, I can see how that would work. And probably simple enough to model.

      I'm "drawn" towards a solution that uses a force-type mapping of the
      important elements effecting navigation, something I know I've seen before
      (but don't remember where). Some sort of vector attraction/repulsion model,
      based on something like magnetic attraction. The solution is then "pulled"
      in the proper way to continue towards the target, and avoid the
      obstructions.

      Of course, I'm still working with a much simpler model, only "seeking"
      either the object I want to move, or the goal I want to deposit the object
      in.

      Alan KM6VV

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic