45266Re: iROBOT Create

  • Lucas
    Apr 18, 2011
      I don't know much about the Hacking Roomba book, but what are you planning to do with the Roomba?

      Did you just want to figure out how to set up a simple forward->backup->turn->forward program?

      If so, I could take some time and try to figure out how to set that up with roombacomm.

      Have you programmed in java before?

      Luke

      --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, Peter Henry <phenry@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to Lucas Keyes for helping me get started with my iROBOT Create at
      > the workshop today.
      >
      > When I got home I was able to successfully get it running with the test
      > program in RoombaComm (Hacking Roomba) and a serial cable. I had less
      > success with the Bluetooth link.
      >

      > Now with the serial cable connected I have to figure out to get it to do
      > stuff.
      >

      > Does anyone have an opinion of the book Hacking Roomba? It's pretty
      > expensive but I will buy it if I need to.
      >

      > Thanks,
      >
      > Peter

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic