45259Re: iROBOT Create

  • jamericanfreddy
    Apr 18, 2011
      the hacking book has alot of very good info on CREATE and ROOMBA
      what i have found out using both CREATE and ROOMBA tht CREATE is very high cost $130 compare to a used ROOMBA under $35,it has near the same hardware and SCI commands as CREATE,only thing lacking is RX and TX ports,but can be added easy for adding another microcontroller board,ROOMBA does have a extra motor driver port ,3 total
      on mine i design another battery and charging circuit,so a longer run time
      wow i see the hacking roomba book went up in price $65 used instead of $30 when i got it
      it talks about using WIFI and using LINUX AND LOT MORE

      --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, Peter Henry <phenry@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to Lucas Keyes for helping me get started with my iROBOT Create at
      > the workshop today.
      >
      > When I got home I was able to successfully get it running with the test
      > program in RoombaComm (Hacking Roomba) and a serial cable. I had less
      > success with the Bluetooth link.
      >

      > Now with the serial cable connected I have to figure out to get it to do
      > stuff.
      >

      > Does anyone have an opinion of the book Hacking Roomba? It's pretty
      > expensive but I will buy it if I need to.
      >

      > Thanks,
      >
      > Peter

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic