      hmmm..............  actually, i believe that u are correct.  i am trying to control the rate of flow from the hose.  the rate needs to be variable and based upon a user adjustable setting which is visually chosen to keep the water level at the desired depth based upon an input from a depth measuring device.  let's say that the spillway shape/size is an uncontrolled [though slowly changing] variable.  so, if the exit flow rate increases, the depth meter senses a drop in depth and sends a signal to the flow control valve to increase the rate of flow until the desired preset depth is again reached.  then the flow valve is told to reduce the rate so as to maintain - once again - the selected preset level.
      does that make it any clearer?

      crazzy

      On 9/7/2010 6:20 PM, Rob Purdy wrote:

      Well what I didn't get from it was why the need for flow rate control.  If that is the case thme it would seem a metered pump or on off with a flow rate meter is the route you really need to go.

      Rob

      To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
      From: crazzyotto@...
      Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 16:26:28 -0400
      Subject: Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: garden hose water control valve

      rob,
      i thought that i had sent you a detailed note w/ a powerpoint drawing of my situation.  i cant find it in any of my folders; and, you didnt respond.  could it be that it got swallowed up by the web?
      tnx,
      crazzy

      On 9/1/2010 3:02 AM, Rob Purdy wrote:

        How sensitive is the level your trying to achieve? Waht's the budget? I can think of several options.
       Rob

      To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
      From: crazzyotto@...
      Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 04:25:43 +0000

      tnx rob. but that seems to be an ON/OFF valve and i need one which is variable from 0 - 90 degrees [full ON to fell OFF] via a servo or 12 VDC input /variable control voltage which is water level dependent.
      peace, crazzy

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic