41128RE: [SeattleRobotics] Re: (modest) Proposal for Revitalizing Robothon

  • Rob Purdy
    Nov 3, 2009
        Bah... tolerance bands belong exclusivly for those who serve on the robothon comittee.

      To: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
      From: rmd@...
      Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 21:58:30 -0600
      Subject: RE: [SeattleRobotics] Re: (modest) Proposal for Revitalizing Robothon

      Peter Balch said: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 5:15 PM
      > I love it! That's wonderfully wacky.
      >
      > But you've really got to make it look like a resistor. The
      > third band is the level, the first and second are the number
      > of times you've reached that level.

      Wow indeed. That's a great extension of the idea. We could even
      make a coded ribbon identifying the club, sort of like the
      silver or gold band, followed by their three band rating in that
      club.

      (Like I was saying to a friend) imagine a conversation between a
      couple guys talking robotics:
      A: "I'm a newbie. So where are you in robotics building"
      B: "Oh, I'm a SRS Yellow Red Brown and a Chibots Green Brown
      Black."
      A: "Wow, you travelled to more than one club! How cool!
      B: "Yep, kid, says so right here in my coded ribbons"
      A: "Oh, is that what those ribbons mean? Wow. Tell me how to
      read them."
      A: "And what are their contests like in that other club?"

      Randy