39330Re: query...

  • David L Buckley
    Apr 27, 2009
      Look in the link I gave you, it is quite clear the IR LEDs are in tubes to block the light. That is what you are trying to block - LIGHT - it is just that some things are transparent to IR light and opaque to visible light. Metal foil (kitchen foil) blocks both. Experiment with other materials, if it works, then it works and if it doesn't then it doesn't.
      David

      --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "abhi_6929" <abhi_6929@...> wrote:

      > --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "David L Buckley" <david@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Or
      > > http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/stamps/web-BSM-v2.2.pdf
      > > page 250
      > > These can work up to maybe 18 inches.
      > >
      > > David
      > >

      > > --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, Larry Geib <LJGeib@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Here's a start to getting your creative juices flowing...
      > > >
      > > > http://www.kronosrobotics.com/an150/AAN150.shtml
      > > >
      > > > Not the LED and sensor on opposite sides of a pice of proto board and
      > > > a pice of black tape as a shield.
      > > >
      > > > Larry

      > the thing is...i hav to isolate the sensor from direct IR radiation but not from the reflected radiation which is the basis for detection i.e i hav to keep sumthin between the LED and the sensor...i want to know wat cud serve the purpose...

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic