36594Re: [SeattleRobotics] Electronic filters

  • Patrick Haas
    Aug 2 8:33 AM
      You can use a SPICE simulator to determine the behavior of a circuit,
      especially filters of all kinds. All of the big semiconductor companies
      offer free spice tools (the original spice is BSD licensed) to use with
      their as well as with generic ICs.
      Analog Devices, Texas Instruments and National Semiconductors have various
      tools. I believe it was TI that also had a filter design program that can
      spit out generic band pass filters and calculate the correct
      resistor/capacitor values, the frequency response and a spice model.

      I don't know about the classic spice tools, but the graphical interfaces
      make it easy to click together a circuit and examine it with the built-in
      tools (multimeter, oscilloscope, wave input generator etc.)

      -Patrick