36368Re: [SeattleRobotics] Processing Language for Robotics?

  • Lucas
    Jun 2, 2008
      Right, it is fundamentally Java. I think the main advantages are
      convenience and popularity: a novice can download and run it, write a single
      line of code like 'rect(10,10,5,5)', hit the run button and see immediate
      visual results. And beyond that there are a lot of people familiar with it
      or Wiring or even standard Java to go to for help. It's great for teaching
      and learning, or prototyping- though maybe not larger complex projects, or
      anything that can't make much use of generating visuals.

      Luke