36346Re: Processing Language for Robotics?

  • Win Heagy
    Jun 1, 2008
      Yes, I have the book on Processing and the one titled "Making Things
      Talk" (which is excellent by the way). And you're right, Wiring,
      which is used for the Arduino is based on Processing, so in that
      respect, there is robotics work being done with the language.

      Since I asked the question yesterday, I've done some more digging and
      found that it's relatively straightforward to interface Processing
      with an Arduino running Wiring -- through serial commands. So I guess
      much of the power and functionality of Processing is available to the
      Arduino (this would be true for most any microcontroller that can
      communicate via serial).

      Win

      --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Heath" <cwheath3@...>
      wrote:

      > There's a pretty good book on Processing (and Wiring, which is for the
      > Arduino board). It's "Making Things Talk" from O'Reilly and has some
      > interesting projects. Processing is based on Java.
      >
      > Charlie

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic