34150Re: [SeattleRobotics] PIC C programming - which compiler should I use?
- Dec 1, 2007Summarising the info given so far:
Chips Compiler Cost Comments
PIC 18F MPLAB C18 $400 Free "Student" ed?
PIC 24/30/33F MPLAB C30 $900 Free "Student" ed?
16F CCS $150 No linking or libs
? SDCC ? makes huge images
? HI-TECH PICC-Lite ? free for
16F627,16F877, 2K limit
Have I got that right? What other compilers have people tried?
It would be good to know for each compiler:
- what chips does it cover?
- what "free" version is available ?
- what are the limitations of the free version?
- what disadvantages does it have?
- website for download?
Why would I want to pay $900 for a compiler? Surely there are free GNU (or
similar) compilers available. What's wrong with them?
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>