29040RE: [SeattleRobotics] Voice Coils

  • l m
    Oct 1, 2006
      Hi Guys,

      Thanks for the heads up on the voice coils..
      I checked my PWM frequency and it was running at
      19khz.
      my problem was I was running waaayyy to much voltage
      through the voice coil.. (ermm... Im embarrassed to
      say, I was messing around at 12 - 24v, which I
      cottoned onto when smoke and general flames errupted
      from the coil!)
      Anyway, knocked it down to 5v, grabbed another dead
      hard drive away I went!!

      Well, until I killed my PIC programmer, that is.. So I
      need to replace parts on that..
      Oh well, Ill have to wait till tomorrow.
      Public Holidays are great.. Except all the shops are
      shut!!!

      Thanks again,

      Laurence

      On Yahoo!7
      Photos: Unlimited free storage – keep all your photos in one place!
      http://au.photos.yahoo.com
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic