27923RE: [SeattleRobotics] Sensing Lasers..

  • Randy M. Dumse
    Jun 1, 2006
      > The laser used is a small ordinary one available from
      > road-side vendors.

      Your laser probably isn't actually outputing a modulated signal.

      The constant current circuit in later lasers have large caps.
      They can't be externally modulated at any signficant frequency.
      The earlier ones could be modulated at up to 500KHz before
      output started to roll off. We had to special order our laser
      modules with the simpler constant current circuit to have useful
      modulation.

      Randy
      www.newmicros.com
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic