20641Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: Chassis for Magellan like robot.

  • Ben Greear
    Oct 18, 2004
      jay_c_beavers wrote:
      > I'm with you. I like the software but pretty hardware challenged.
      >
      > I followed the pattern of the UPenn's GRASP project and used a
      > Tamiya TXT-1 monster truck as the chassis
      > (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/mars/site/platforms.htm).
      >
      > I have a pretty detailed description of the parts I assembled and
      > the changes you have to make to the stock TXT-1 chassis on
      > http://cylonrobot.blotspot.com The GRASP site also has a changes
      > list that talk about how to "robot-ize" the TXT-1 chassis.

      I did manage to find your blog, but I wasn't able to find any
      details on how you interfaced a computer with the TXT-1's drive
      train.

      I assume I would need some sort of servo-control hardware to
      replace the standard RC control interface? Any pointers to
      such a thing and/or general information on the topic would
      be very welcome!

      Thanks,
      Ben

      --