19102Re: [SeattleRobotics] Bayesian conditional probability in sonar mapping

  • Gary Livick
    Aug 2, 2004
      Martin,

      This ambitious work has produced some excellent results using many of
      the same tools I am developing. Unfortunately, his source, which is
      free for the downloading, is written in JAVA. But it gives an excellent
      idea of what can be done with a single sonar module mounted on a servo.

      http://rossum.sourceforge.net/papers/Localization/PosPosterv4.pdf

      I'll post some code of mine that will actually display a certainty grid
      on a screen, given some assumed sonar data. It's written to run under
      DOS. Just need to put it together from various routines. I'll post
      both the source (which compiles and runs under Turbo C++, downloadable
      for free from Borland) and also the .exe file. With a little fiddling,
      and a sonar of your own on a servo, you can make it your own.

      Best regards,

      Gary