19092Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: Hough transforms

  • Gary Livick
    Aug 2, 2004
      The Hough transform is an algorithm that is used to generate lines,
      curves, etc., from, for example, pixels in a video image. It can be
      used to detect shapes, edges, that sort of thing. In the case of
      localization using sonar, using the Bayesian approach we are using
      produces a pixelated image of the space around the robot. Converting
      those pixels into lines greatly facilitates matching the sonar map to an
      a priori line map.

      Gary