19082Re: Hough transforms

  • toddpierce1968
    Aug 1, 2004
      Gary,

      You reminded me of graphics programs and why I buy them... so I don't
      have to do the math myself.

      And of course, looking at this site reminded me again why I don't do
      the math... but gee whiz, ya gotta like the little Java applet they
      put together to illustrate their point (or curve, as it were).

      http://www.cs.nps.navy.mil/people/faculty/capps/iap/class2/splines/

      -Todd

      (http://www.cs.usna.edu/~crabbe/2004-01/SI475/classes/mapping/mapping.pdf),

      > we have implemented an certainty grid, utilizing a Baysian conditional
      > probablily approach, built up from sonar date. We display the results
      > on the host screen, and see that we get an excellent representation of
      > the local areas around the robot.
      >
      > The expanded project, phase 3: This is the over-the-head part. In
      order
      > to make use of the certainty grid for simultaneous localization and
      > mapping, we think it will be most expedient to utilize a Hough
      transform
      > approach to both create the global map of the robot's world, and for
      use
      > in later self-localization of the robot within it. That's where I'm
      > stuck.
      >
      > What is needed is a Schaum's Outline-like straight explanation of the
      > Hough transform for generating straight and simple curved lines from an
      > occupancy grid (actually converted to an occupancy grid for this
      > purpose, which will then represent a coarse bitmap of the environment),
      > along with simple example applications written in C, or at least pseudo
      > code.
      >
      > The work I'm seeing which uses the above approach tends to use
      MAT-LAB.