18277Re: [SeattleRobotics] Digest Number 1574 ; CMUcam/ Java app

  • Jonathan Peakall
    Jun 1, 2004
      Keith,

      It is super easy. Just connect the output of the 'cam to the EB500 input and
      vice versa. Make sure to set the baud rate correctly, I use the "persist"
      modifier in a little program I wrote to change the baud rate. If you are
      using the EB500 in a Parallax App Mod header, then make sure to set the pins
      on the Stamp as inputs. Write a little program for the Stamp to connect to
      the dongle, and then you are in business. I can send you all the Stamp code
      I have so far if you like. It is just modified versions of the programs that
      come with the EB500. I also have code samples I wrote for doing the same
      things with a PIC using PICBASIC Pro on a 16F819/628/88.

      It's fun to take pics of my parking lot, 150 feet away and look at them on
      the PC. I have been playing with a couple of configurations, like using
      Hyperterminal and the Stamp to control the 'cam. It's pretty easy to work
      with. Over the summer I hope to develop (with the aid of a PC programming
      friend) an app to control our robot and the 'cam via bluetooth. Should be
      cool!

      HTH,

      Jonathan

      www.madlabs.info