      -----Original Message-----
      From: Kipton Moravec [mailto:kip@...]

      I am a big 8051 fan, and am starting to switch over to the Atmel AVR also.

      As someone who produces boards for a living, the only downside to the AVR
      is single source.

      I agree with almost everything Larry writes. However there is a slight
      mistake.

      A register is not an ALU. An ALU is a Arithmetic / Logic Unit. Registers
      are like memory locations. In the Atmel AVR there are 32 registers, and 1
      ALU.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic