Query

  • RC
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008
      Can anyone confirm on here if Western Union was released in States,
      Wilkepedia states it made 115 on US Charts but personally I do not
      think it was ever released as as single in USA.
    • stvcrbtt
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008
        Wikipedia is big on disclaimers like this: "This article needs
        additional citations for verification.Please help improve this article
        by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and
        removed", and for good reason. The whole thing is done by amateurs.

        I checked 7inchrecords.com, and it shows Denmark, Holland and Norway
        only. But don't take this as gospel either, because the same site omits
        the US single Love Potion Number Nine......
        http://www.7inchrecords.com/Discography/Searchers/Searchers.asp?
        Page=4&groep=

        I think you should challenge Wikipedia. An academic challenge is
        exactly that, a way of saying "if you have evidence of this, by all
        means show it".

        Sorry I'm not much help, I was a kid in Liverpool at the time in
        question.
      • RC
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008
          Thanks for response Wilkepedia is only as good as the info people
          gave it, I needed the info for a book I am in a small way involved
          with I personally don't think it was ever released in US