The Categorization Analyst will assist in the development and maintenance of rulesets to be used in automatically identifying products and product attributes on the web. This will require employing a range of information retrieval, automatic classification, and concept extraction technologies. Training will be provided.
· Follow the direction of the Director of Taxonomy to develop, maintain, and optimize rulesets to be used in automatically identifying products and product attributes on the web.
· Collaborate as appropriate with other members of the Taxonomy team, leveraging specializations within the group as necessary to complete projects.
· Excellent analytical skills and advanced abilities in logical reasoning.
· Strong interest in linguistics and linguistic technologies.
· Knowledge of faceted taxonomies, metadata schemas, and thesauri.
· Prefer experience working with auto-categorization tools such as Teragram or Inxight.
· Ability to work quickly and accurately in a high-volume work environment.
· Extremely detail-oriented.
· Team player.
· Creative, Intelligent.
· Strong sense of integrity.
· Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Business.com was named among the Best Places to Work by theLos Angeles Business Journal in 2007!
We offer a competitive base, health, dental, vision, 401(k) & more!
Business.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of R.H. Donnelley Corporation (NYSE: RHD), is the leading business search engine, directory and pay-per-click advertising network. The Business.com site helps business decision makers quickly find whatever they need to manage and grow their businesses, and the Business.com Network – including premier partners The Wall Street Journal Online, BusinessWeek, Hoovers , Financial Times, Internet.com, and more –enables B2B advertisers to reach qualified buyers wherever they are online. The company also operates Work.com, a B2B community publishing platform featuring more than 2,400 business how-to guides contributed by business experts. Business.com was named to the 2006 Inc. 500 and 2007 BtoB Media Power 50, Los Angeles Business Journal list of Best Places to Work and Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
If you’re interested, please send your resume to: Staffing@....
As the leading business search engine and directory and pay-per-click advertising network, Business.com is a “must buy” for B2B advertisers.
Latest News - Business.com named to Los Angeles Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work. Click here to read more.