Introduction - following the protocol

  • Manya Kapikian
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2007
      My name is Manya Kapikian. I live in the Boston area and I am part of the Enterprise Search team at a large company.  I enjoy my job because I get a birds eye view of everything happening in the company..

      A current/future challenge we're facing is how to add multiple repositories to the search UI - while keeping the UI clean and simple....easier said than done. So I'd like to hear more about that.

      Best,
      Manya

      Building a website is a piece of cake.
    • Seth Earley
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2007

        Hi Manya,

        Nice to have you join us.

        Ted Sullivan of Raritan Technologies has done a great deal of work on search syndication and federation and has some interesting UI treatments.  Let me see if I can get him to post some screen shots.  Also the folks at Morrison and Foerster LLP have done interested search integrations that retain context of search sources in the UI.  (I think this helps users quite a bit as they navigate through results.)

        I believe I have a slide or two on that I can dig up.

        If others have innovative examples of integrated search UI’s I am sure all would like to see these.

        Seth

        Seth Earley
        President

        EARLEY & ASSOCIATES, Inc.
        Cell: 781-820-8080

        Office: 781-444-0287
        Email: seth@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 20 9:11 AM
          I thought I should introduce myself. I heard about this group from the Seth Early webinar a few weeks ago.

          I am Ted Carroll, I live in Hertfordshire, close to London, UK. I worked for one of the leading search software vendors (Information Dimensions / BASIS / BASISplus - if anyone remembers) from 1985 until 1996. Since then I have worked as a management consultant on IT programmes, usually in the field of document management, content management, search etc. I have been developing some ideas around search analytics for the last year or so, which I plan to launch later this year.

          I blog on search benefits etc. at http://www.tedcarroll.org One of the things I have been putting together is a benefits model for search. I saw that there was a post on the cost/benefit model for best bets from a few months ago - I would be interested in how members go about calculating benefits from improved search.