ISKO UK conference July 8-9: Last Chance to Register

  • Bob Bater
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2013

      Dear colleagues,

      ISKO UK's third biennial conference takes place on 8 & 9 July - less than two weeks away. We have an unparalleled line-up of speakers - from the UK, Europe, the USA and even Russia - on a wide range of topics of vital interest to anyone involved professionally with the management of information and knowledge. We have a great venue at UCL, London and a list of sponsors which include Smartlogic, PoolParty, Sage, MultiTes, Aslib and yes - Google.

      Registrations close on 3 July and there are still a few places, so this is your final chance to register for the ISKO-UK July conference, “Knowledge Organization - Pushing the Boundaries”.  ISKO-UK has stuck with affordable prices, and is still the best place to keep up-to-date and compare notes with people who share an interest in knowledge organization.

       See the action-packed programme at  <http://www.iskouk.org/conf2013/programme.htm>.

      This conference aims to explore the boundaries between distinct areas where knowledge organization is applied, challenging them and advancing our thinking into new territory. It will be the third biennial conference of the UK Chapter of ISKO. Practitioners as well as theoreticians are invited to attend and participate, along with consultants, researchers, teachers and students.

      There will be a mix of short and longer presentations, as well as a display of posters. The papers submitted will be peer-reviewed and published electronically on our website, together with slides and audio recordings.

      More details, including the provisional programme, can be found on the conference website at <http://www.iskouk.org/conf2013/index.htm>. 34Presentations are scheduled, including keynote addresses from leading lights Patrick Lambe and Martin White, as well as six posters. The programme includes demonstrations from our generous sponsors PoolParty and Smartlogic, showing how their products are adapted to support evolving needs. The Conference Reception is generously sponsored by Google.

      Registration fees for the two-day event on 8-9 July are still the same as for our 2011 conference, just £180 pounds (full price) or £150 pounds (ISKO, UKEIG and LIRG members).

      (With apologies for any cross posting)

      Best regards,

      Bob Bater

      ISKO UK