Reminder: ISKO UK conference 8/9 July "Knowledge Organization - Pushing the Boundaries"

  • Bob Bater
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2013

      Dear colleagues,

      Do remember to book a place at the popular ISKO-UK July conference, “Knowledge Organization - Pushing the Boundaries”, while there are still places. In tough economic times, many events around us are getting cancelled for lack of subscribers. But ISKO-UK has stuck with affordable prices, and is still the best place to keep up-to-date and compare notes with people who share an interest in knowledge organization. See the action-packed programme at <http://www.iskouk.org/conf2013/programme.htm> . Registration closes on 3 July.

      This conference aims to explore the boundaries between distinct areas where knowledge organization is applied, challenging them and advancing our thinking into new territory. It will be the third biennial conference of the UK Chapter of ISKO. Practitioners as well as theoreticians are invited to attend and participate, along with consultants, researchers, teachers and students. There will be a mix of short and longer presentations, as well as a display of posters. The papers submitted will be peer-reviewed and published electronically on this website, together with slides and audio recordings.

      More details, including the provisional programme, can be found on the conference website at <http://www.iskouk.org/conf2013/index.htm>. 34 Presentations are scheduled, including keynote addresses from leading lights Patrick Lambe and Martin White, as well as six posters. The programme includes demonstrations from our generous sponsors PoolParty and Smartlogic, showing how their products are adapted to support evolving needs.

      Registration fees for the two-day event on 8-9 July are still the same as for our 2011 conference, just 180 pounds (full price) or 150 pounds (ISKO members)

      Bob Bater

      ISKO UK Conference Committee

      Conference hashtag #ISKOUK2013