Job Opportunity - DAM Content Manager at client site in NJ

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2012
      Hi,

      Earley & Associates is seeking an individual to join its consulting team for an on site project at Ethicon in Somerville, NJ. Please share widely! See details with link to apply below.
      Sharon

      Digital Asset Management (DAM) Content Manager

      Founded in 1994, Earley & Associates is a highly-regarded Information Management (IM) consulting company specializing in knowledge/content management strategy, taxonomy, search integration and information architecture. We work with companies in a broad range of industries including retail, high-tech, life sciences, manufacturing, non profit, and government. Our continued growth has created a new job opportunity for a DAM Content Consultant. If you want a career in a fast-paced consulting environment, this might be the right job for you.

      As part of the Earley & Associates team, you will work with our clients in multiple roles that incorporate your skills. Your initial role will be a minimum of six months (with a possible extension to 12 months) onsite at a client's location (Ethicon) in Somerville, NJ. In this role, you will be an archivist responsible for the retrospective analysis, organization, accessibility and preservation of digital promotional assets in a Digital Asset Management System (DAM). You will also be responsible for managing company standards and methods including architectural alignment, taxonomy and metadata for efficient search, retrieval and distribution of company assets. In addition, you will work to align with key Global Education Solutions teams (Professional Education, Marketing Mastery and Sales Learning and Development) to ensure curriculum content is properly stored and tagged for easy search and distribution. You will build alignment to taxonomy models that can be utilized globally. Once this role ends, you will be part of our regular consulting staff, able to work out of your home office when not at a client's site

      Responsibilities:
      Provide prospective analysis and support for the development of a second generation DAM deployment
      Participate in evaluating key stakeholder needs for asset utilization and search
      Contribute to the establishment of data architecture and taxonomy models with internal and external stakeholders
      Assist in the establishment and management of a file naming structure
      Assist in aligning metadata models from a legacy system to the future DAM
      Provide retrospective support to a legacy DAM with the objective of improving search capabilities
      Leverage key learning's of prospective analysis to improve existing search capabilities
      Content analysis and classification of existing DAM assets with content owners
      Retrospective data tagging
      Ensure that the correct file types are available in the digital asset library for all distribution points or that proper transcoding capabilities are available (current and future state)
      Establish migration and obsolescence plan for all DAM content
      Partner with DAM Administrator for asset migration and testing
      Train key stakeholders on DAM naming convention, metadata and taxonomy
      Maintain data integrity against established taxonomy and metadata models

      Qualifications:
      College degree desired; Master's degree in Library Science preferred
      Business experience (1-2 years with MILS, 3-5 without) with experience in DAM
      Deep understanding of Metadata, Taxonomy, Data Architecture and Search
      Familiar with Metadata standards such as Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI) or Metadata Object Description Schema (MODS)
      Strong computer skills a must (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CSV, XML)
      Cross functional team experience highly desired
      Deep understanding of compliant business practices
      Ability to collaborate and work in a matrixed organization supporting multiple stakeholders
      Ability to work independently with clear guidance
      Organizational and time management skills
      Strong communication skills
      Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
      Problem solving/resolution and cross functional influencing skills
      Customer focus and detail-oriented
      Must be team player, goal driven and a problem-solver

      Benefits:
      We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary depending on experience, in addition to:
      Paid time off
      Work from home arrangement when not required to work onsite
      Medical benefits
      401(k)
      Employee Assistance Program through Optum Care 24
      Future growth opportunities!

      We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.

      If you enjoy working with a highly-regarded company and being in a fast-paced, team-focused environment, your opportunity is knocking!

      To Apply:
      To respond to this opportunity, please go to:
      https://insperity.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=77170

      Sharon Foley
      EARLEY & ASSOCIATES, Inc.
      Office: 423-525-4374