Aug 3 Webinar: SharePoint IA Case Study with Ford Foundation (Part 2)

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2011
      Title: Ford Foundation - a Case Study in Content Strategy and IA for SharePoint - Part 2
      Date: August 3, 2011
      Time: 1:00PM EDT
      Cost: Free with registration
      http://tinyurl.com/4xdwqbf

      Hello all,

      I want to share with you information about an upcoming webinar which I think you will find very interesting.

      This is a follow up to the call with Nicolette Lodico, Manager, Information Management, which took place on April 6.  In the April 6 session Ms. Lodico outlined the unique information architecture challenges that the Ford Foundation faced during its migration to SharePoint.  There was not time to get into  much detail about the results of their efforts.  So, in this session, Dalia Levine, Enterprise Information Architect, Information Management at Ford Foundation talks specifically how they resolved the problems in order to create the system they have today.

      Here are a few details about what we plan to cover:
      ○ Search UI Screen shots - sample searches with related terms
      ○ Use of facets - screen shot of facets in semaphore compared with facets on intranet
      ○ Use of content types
      ○ Interesting auto categorization stories
      ○ Lessons learned and Next steps

      Should be a great session. Hope to see you there!

      Sharon Foley
      Events Manager