Re: [SearchCoP] Free educational webinar - July 13 - Business Value of Taxonomy

  • Louis Rosenfeld
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2011
      Hi folks; my new book just came out: Search Analytics for Your Site: Conversations with Your Customers. In a nutshell, I cover the basics of site search analytics:  how to study and analyze the queries users enter on your site's search engine, and how to use what you learn to improve your site's content, navigation, metadata, and (of course) search performance.

      Details are here: http://bit.ly/mi3GpP You can purchase the book directly from Rosenfeld Media (paperback, ePUB, MOBI, and PDF), or from Amazon or O'Reilly.

      Some guy named Seth Earley seemed to like it: http://bit.ly/nR794u I actually did one of his webinars on the topic a year or two back.

      cheers

      Louis Rosenfeld :: http://louisrosenfeld.com :: @louisrosenfeld
      Rosenfeld Media :: http://rosenfeldmedia.com :: @rosenfeldmedia
      sign up for the Rosenfeld Review
    • Matt Moore
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2011
        Hey Lou,

        Thanks to your shameless piece of advertising, I bought and read this book over the weekend. I thought that it was a decent introduction to a topic that doesn't get enough airplay (as you yourself note). I liked that you kept it down to earth and didn't try to blind readers with science or jargon. I did feel that at the end of it, I knew more about MSU than I needed to but examples are always good with this sort of thing. I got the sense that there's lots more that could be done in this area so there's scope for a 102 book.

        I'm in the middle of writing a proposal that involves a significant chunk of SSA and this book confirmed the soundness of the approach and gave me some ideas to make it more effective - so the timing couldn't be better.

        I also liked the design of the book and may purchase a few more of yours as the mood takes me.

        Regards,

        Matt