KMers.org Twitter Chat - June 7 topic will be about search

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
      Hi all - Next Tuesday, I will be hosting the weekly KMers.org chat session.

      What is the "KMers.org chat session", you ask? It's a weekly 1 hour
      real time chat that happens with anyone on the internet via Twitter -
      using the #kmers tag. It feels a lot like a group IM except you can't
      even tell "who's there". The best way to experience this (I've found)
      is through the use of a tool like tweetchat - if, next Tuesday, you
      want to attend, you can hit:

      http://tweetchat.com/room/KMers

      and just "lurk" and watch the conversation. If you want to take an
      active part, you'll need to have a Twitter account and post using the
      #kmers tag (which, if you use tweetchat with the above link, will be
      automatically added for you).

      I thought I would post an announcement here because the topic is going
      to be of interest to this community - "The Importance of Search in
      your KM Solution".

      I hope you take some time to take part next Tuesday at 12PM EST!

      Regards
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15, 2011
        Hi all - I don't know if anyone from this community was able to join
        the Twitter chat (I didn't recognize any names among those who were
        "speaking up", but perhaps some lurked), but in case you're interested
        in the conversation that took place, you can read the transcript of
        the event here:

        http://www.kmers.org/chattranscript/transcript-importance-search-your-km-solution

        I have proposed a follow-up discussion (not yet scheduled) to have a
        discussion around how people measure (or would like to measure) the
        success of their search solution - a follow-up to a question that came
        up during the session last Tuesday.

        I will plan to post here when that session is scheduled. In the
        meantime, if you want to voice your opinion on holding that Twitter
        chat, you can visit the following page and vote for it:
        http://www.kmers.org/node/410 . To vote, you'll need to log into the
        KMers.org site.

        Regards
        Lee Romero