Free webinar June 1 - SharePoint 2010: What is Your Migration Strategy?

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2011
      Hi All,

      Just a quick note to tell you about a free webinar we are doing on June 1. Details are below. Please share as you see fit!

      You are invited:

      Topic: SharePoint 2010 - What is Your Migration Strategy?
      Date: June 1, 2011
      Time: 1:00PM Eastern Time
      Cost: Free with registration http://tinyurl.com/3beh7d5

      There are many tools and technologies out there that provide the ability to upgrade or migrate to SharePoint 2010. While the promise of simply "pushing" a button to move our content from one instance to another sounds intriguing, preparing for a successful migration requires a well thought out strategy that includes answers to questions like:
      • Is merely migrating and recreating the existing user experience the best approach for your organization?
      • How well does your current information architecture support findability through search and navigation?
      • Are you employing the use of content types and site columns to manage your information?
      • How well does your taxonomy fit your information organization and access requirements?
      Fundamental changes in the way you manage your information architecture from the perspective of your content must take place in order to fully leverage new product capability like that offered by the Managed Metadata Service and the Term Store Management Tool. This simple "copy and paste" approach will not deliver the foundation necessary to utilize these functions and therefore certain levels of design effort is required if improvements to information management and findability are what you seek.

      Please join us for this insightful session in which Seth Earley, Earley & Associates CEO and Jeff Carr, Senior Earley & Associates IA & Search Consultant discuss best practices for ensuring incremental business value results from your SharePoint migration. In addition, our special guest speaker, Will Henderson with Winter Park Construction, will discuss his organization's migration experience.

      For more info and/or to register: http://tinyurl.com/3beh7d5

      Best wishes,
      Sharon Foley
      Earley & Associates