ISKO UK Biennial Conference 4th-5th July 2011 - Final Call for papers

  • Bob Bater
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2010

      ISKO UK Biennial Conference 4th-5th July 2011 - Final Call for papers

      This is to remind you that proposals must be submitted by November 30th 2010 at the latest for the second biennial conference of the UK Chapter of ISKO (International Society for Knowledge Organization).   For further information and submission, please visit: http://www.iskouk.org/conf2011/index.htm

      This event honours the life and achievements of Brian C Vickery, a pioneer in our field. The venue is UCL in London, and our theme will be: Facets of Knowledge Organization.

      Just as Vickery had the knack of drawing out practical applications from the lessons of academic research, so this conference will bring together practitioners, theoreticians, consultants, researchers, teachers and students, all with an interest in the organization of knowledge and information.

      Proposals addressing an original topic on this theme are very welcome, but the following suggestions may provide some inspiration:

      •Classification, information retrieval

      •Semantics and the Web

      •Putting the user first

      •Evaluation and testing

      •Society, networking and collaboration

      •Models and structure

      We are looking for a mix of short (20-minute) and longer (40-minute) presentations, as well as a display of posters. Speakers will be encouraged to provide a paper to accompany their presentations.

      ISKO is a not-for-profit scientific/professional association with the objective of promoting research and communication in the domain of knowledge organization, within the broad field of information science and related disciplines. Founded in 2007, our UK Chapter has been attracting lively and steadily growing audiences to its afternoon meeting series as well as its very successful first conference in 2009.

      We look forward to your participation in this event.

      Bob Bater

      Vice Chair, ISKO UK

      bbater@...

      www.iskouk.org