ISKO-UK meeting, 10 November "Legal Know-How: Organization & Semantic Analysis"

  • Bob Bater
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2010
      ** Apologies for cross-posting **

      Dear colleagues,

      You are cordially invited to our first meeting oriented towards the legal
      sector, on 10 November 2010, at UCL as usual. It is led by an excellent team
      of speakers.

      At this afternoon meeting we shall hear how some leading law firms are
      organizing their know-how for more immediate accessibility. We shall also
      hear about automated methods for extracting information from text so that
      new knowledge can be derived and shared. And we shall address the question
      of whether/how to serve more than one audience from a single knowledge
      database.

      Though the current economic pressures have reduced sources of funding, the
      demand for legal information and advice continues to increase. The ability
      to marshal legal know-how to the point of use, efficiently and effectively,
      has become even more essential than before.

      Knowledge managers, law librarians and consultants should attend this
      meeting to tap into the latest thinking on information organization. The
      event is free for all ISKO members and students, and it is set up to enable
      networking with like-minded colleagues. Do join us!

      To read more about the programme and speakers and to book your place please
      visit http://www.iskouk.org/events/legal_knowledge_nov2010.htm

      Regards,

      Bob

      Bob Bater