Use of URL as keywords - best practice?

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2010
      Hi all - does anyone have any opinions or know of any best practices
      with regard to whether the components of a URL should be treated as
      searchable keywords in an enterprise search setting?

      In other words, if the URL is:

      http://www.example.com/industries/banking/document.html

      Is it common to automatically use the words "industries" and "banking"
      (and other parts of the URL) as keywords of a sort? So that hits can
      be generated based on those words even if they don't appear in
      document.html?

      I know that this is common on internet searches (or it seems to be
      based on results), but I am not aware of anything specific with regard
      to this in an enterprise setting.

      Thanks!