(Event) Cross Mapping Taxonomies - March 3 Taxonomy Community of Practice webinar

  • Rebecca Allen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      Invitation
      Please join us for our monthly Taxonomy Community of Practice webinar, presented by Earley & Associates. This month's topic is Cross Mapping Taxonomies.

      Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2010
      Time: 1:00 - 2:00 Eastern Time
      Cost: $50

      To register, visit: http://www.earley.com/webinars/enterprise-search/cross-mapping-taxonomies

      Learn how to bring together multiple existing taxonomies for unified use.

      Most organizations today have multiple repositories in place; a single system environment is increasingly rare. As a result, more taxonomies are being created, but these vocabularies need to be combined or merged, whether to create a unified enterprise taxonomy from those of separate departments, to bring together taxonomies resulting from acquisitions of companies or product lines, or to reconcile folksonomies with taxonomies.

      Presented by Heather Hedden and Seth Maislin, this session looks at three key ways that taxonomies may be combined for different purposes: integrating, merging, or mapping.

      Vendor Showcase
      Earley & Associates presents a sponsored webinar series that explores products and tools from select vendors we believe are unique to the marketplace.

      Next session:
      SharePoint Search, March 30
      Free registration at http://www.earley.com/webinars/vendor-showcases/sharepoint-search

      Thank you,