(Event) Developing an Ontology - November 4th Taxonomy Community of Practice Call

  • Rebecca Allen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2009
      Invitation
      Please join us for our monthly Taxonomy Community of Practice Call. This month's topic is Developing an Ontology.

      Date: Wednesday, November 4, 2009
      Time: 1:00 - 2:00 Eastern Time
      Cost: $50

      Free preview: http://www.slideshare.net/Earley/developing-an-ontology-november-4th-taxonomy-cop
      To register, visit: http://www.earley.com/webinars/developing-ontology

      An ontology is both a flexible and exciting way to organize information. In this session, we will discuss such issues as bridging concepts amongst taxonomy, thesauri, and ontology, the details of ontology representation in RDF/OWL, implementing ontologies within systems, and use cases for how ontologies are being used for systems integration and vocabulary mapping.

      Hear Christine Connors of TriviumRLG and Irene Polikoff of TopQuadrant discuss moving from building taxonomies to ontologies, ways in which ontologies provide greater power in information access, and best practices for applications.

      Fall Jumpstart Series
      We recently finished our 4-part Fall Jumpstart series on optimizing business processes through effective content management. With a focus on case studies from the insurance industry, content management and industry experts addressed how to gain competitive advantage by leveraging new developments in ECM technologies.

      Additional background readings and session recordings are available at: http://www.earley.com/webinars/jumpstarts/insurance-and-content-management

      Thank you,

      Rebecca Allen
      Taxonomy Consultant