RE: [SearchCoP] FW: Re: [cmpros] "Voodoo search technology is the last refuge of information anarchists"

  • Doug Schultz
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2007

      Seth, I think you are right on the mark.  This is a discussion we’ve had with partners and others that argue that companies don’t need to take on classification or taxonomy development projects in order to more easily find their information.  Put our search engine on top of whatever repository you have (shared drives, SharePoint, traditional ECM) and we can find it.

      In my opinion, this approach doesn’t encourage changes in process and the ways of working that I believe are necessary to take the information that is really valuable to the organization and make it more easily retrievable.  The problem will only get worse if people can continue to work the way they do and put their content where they want to, without any indication of what it is via some type of classification.

      Douglas Schultz, ECMP, ECMS | Access Sciences Corp. | Principal Consultant | 713-554-9570 work | 832-367-0468 mobile | dschultz@...