Re: [SearchCoP] Re: Google search appliance

  • Walter Underwood
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10, 2008
      Re: [SearchCoP] Re: Google search appliance Three or four years ago at Verity, I adapted the Ultraseek spider/search engine to be spider-only and to submit batches to K2. That product was called "Ultra Spider" and effectively replaced vspider and K2 Spider.

      More recently, Ultra Spider has been IDOLized, and can talk to the Autonomy indexer. That happened after I left, so I don't have details. I don't see it mentioned on the Autonomy website, but Autonomy has never been big on putting lots of info on their website.

      Ultra Spider is a completely different code base than HTTP Fetch.

      wunder
      ==
      Walter Underwood
      Former Ultraseek Architect

      On 4/10/08 11:20 AM, "Tim" <tbwendt@...> wrote:

      So what is Ultra Spider?  Is it the latest version of the HTTP fetch
      with the KeyView technology or is this a separate product?

      Tim

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 17, 2008
        Tim and Walter,

        I have some contacts at Autonomy. I'll try and get the current
        information and a better understanding and then get back to you.
        Jim