Re: Google search appliance

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10 11:20 AM
      So what is Ultra Spider? Is it the latest version of the HTTP fetch
      with the KeyView technology or is this a separate product?

      Tim

      --- In SearchCoP@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jim.smith@...> wrote:

      > I believe we will be moving top Ultra spider for the http content.
      >
      > --- In SearchCoP@yahoogroups.com, Walter Underwood <wunderwood@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > With Autonomy, were you using HTTP Fetch or Ultra Spider? Ultra is
      > a much,
      > > much smarter spider.
    • Walter Underwood
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 10 11:35 AM
        Re: [SearchCoP] Re: Google search appliance Three or four years ago at Verity, I adapted the Ultraseek spider/search engine to be spider-only and to submit batches to K2. That product was called "Ultra Spider" and effectively replaced vspider and K2 Spider.

        More recently, Ultra Spider has been IDOLized, and can talk to the Autonomy indexer. That happened after I left, so I don't have details. I don't see it mentioned on the Autonomy website, but Autonomy has never been big on putting lots of info on their website.

        Ultra Spider is a completely different code base than HTTP Fetch.

        wunder
        ==
        Walter Underwood
        Former Ultraseek Architect

        On 4/10/08 11:20 AM, "Tim" <tbwendt@...> wrote:

        So what is Ultra Spider?  Is it the latest version of the HTTP fetch
        with the KeyView technology or is this a separate product?

        Tim

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 17 10:55 AM
          Tim and Walter,

          I have some contacts at Autonomy. I'll try and get the current
          information and a better understanding and then get back to you.
          Jim