96Re: Specific search tuning question in FAST ESP

  • Richard Beatch
    Feb 7, 2008
      While the approach may seem a little cumbersome, remember, searching
      an inverted index, which is a requirement for any sort of
      scalability, is rather unlike a database query or a perl script. If
      my memory serves, Autonomy and, until recently, Verity, did not
      offer much more in this regard.

      --Richard

      --- In SearchCoP@yahoogroups.com, "Smith, Lisa" <lsmith@...> wrote:

      > Can't say I have much experience with FAST, but that seems clunky.
      No utility to say "One word results only", huh? Is there maybe a way
      in the rules to do a kind of regular expression that looks for a
      line or field terminator after "snow"? Or at least to say "Find snow
      without another alphanumeric character or space after or before it?
      For example, such a matching expression using perl might be /^snow$/
      or /^snow(\n|\r|\f)$/ or simply that the string must equal "=" the
      query rather than be an approximate match "=~" to it.

      URL=http://www.business.com>

      > Business.com · 2120 Colorado Ave. 3rd Floor · Santa Monica, CA
      90404

      > ________________________________

      ESP

      40yahoogroups.com> , "schneider_karin" <kschnei1@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anyone have experience with tuning FAST ESP to return only
      > hits on
      > > exactly one word and specifically exclude the word in another
      > context?
      > > e.g find: "Snow" but result should exclude "snow storm"
      > > Can that be handled through exclusions in the synonym
      dictionary?
      > Or is
      > > there another way?
      > > Thanks for any help anyone may have!