445Reminder: Call for Papers for the ISKO-UK BIENNIAL CONFERENCE "KO Pushing the Boundaries" – 8/9 July 2013

  • Bob Bater
    Nov 14, 2012
      Dear Colleagues,

      Please don't forget that you have an opportunity to present your work at our biennial conference in London on 8/9 July next year: Knowledge Organization - Pushing the Boundaries

      The deadline for submissions is 30 November, and full details of the Call for Papers are at
      http://www.iskouk.org/conf2013/index.htm.

      The conference theme is broad enough to accommodate a wide range of KO topics. For example, you could address any of the following:
      • Linked open data initiatives
      • Metadata management
      • Ontologies applied to knowledge engineering
      • Searching in a networked environment
      • Evolution of social media
      • Transmedia narrative
      • Semantic modelling
      • Vocabulary crosswalks and registries
      • Organizing and integrating images.
      *Submissions*
      Proposals should be submitted in English via the _Abstractsubmission_ page, by 30 November 2012 at latest. Please provide an abstract of 300-500 words, and indicate whether you plan a short or long presentation, or a poster. You will be informed by 1 February 2013 whether your proposal has been accepted. For publication on the website, your full paper should be submitted by 2 July 2013. Editorial guidelines will be available from February 2013, on the conference website. Presentation slides too should be submitted by 2 July 2013. They will be pre-loaded on the conference PC, and released on the conference website immediately after the event.

      *More background*

      You can see past and future events at http://www.iskouk.org/events.htm, most with MP3 recordings. The proceedings of our first and second biennial conferences are available in electronic media at http://www.iskouk.org/conf2009/proceedings.htm and http://www.iskouk.org/conf2011/programme.htm respectively.

      We look forward to hearing from you.

      Regards,

      Bob Bater
      ISKO UK