426return visit rate for searchers vs. non-searchers

  • Jordan C
    Jan 10, 2012
      I've got a report showing that for first time visitors to our site those that use site search are 4x as likely to return to the site as those who do not use search. This supports other reports we have showing that searchers lead to higher referral rates, more page views, and other key metrics.

      The question I get back is 'so what'? Is it that these users are more intent driven and therefore more likely to do more on the site, even without a site search function?

      In order to validate that I'm planning on running a test to 'force' users that normally wouldn't search, to use site search.

      Is this the correct approach?

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic