208Re: [SearchCoP] Measuring Site Search

  • Dave Lemen
    Jul 3, 2008
      Hi Pete,

      That's a great question. We use the metrics you listed. We also keep
      track of how far down in the result set the searcher clicked. In other
      words, we try to determine if the searcher found what they wanted in
      the first position, second position, third position, etc.

      It would be nice if we had something as simple as a conversion rate
      (for e-commerce sites) for separating successful search sessions from
      unsuccessful ones. I'm curious to hear others' experience.

      Dave Lemen

      On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 11:23 PM, jamjam76 <jamjam76@...> wrote:
      > Hi Everyone,
      > I'm curious as to the key metrics that the folks here use to measure
      > how well their site search is performing. eg.
      >
      > - average number of searches per search session
      > - % of searches where the user doesn't click on a search result
      > - % of searches that yield zero results
      >
      > Any and all metrics insights appreciated.
      > Thanks!
      > Pete

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic