121Re: question about redundant title tags

  • crystalkoregon
    Apr 1, 2008
      Hi Pete,

      That's interesting to hear about your having to implement title
      metatags with Google appliance. It's one of the products we'll be
      considering.

      I'm also intersted to know whether internet search engines penalize
      for redundant title metatags, since our search is on a public site.

      Crystal

      --- In SearchCoP@yahoogroups.com, "jamjam76" <jamjam76@...> wrote:

      > Hi Crystal,
      > We had to implement title metatags because our Google appliance
      > truncated titles after about 60 or so characters. Note that Google
      > appliance only indexes the first 10 words of the title.
      >
      > I doubt the enterprise search offerings have the same spam detection
      > algorithms that the internet search engines do.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Pete

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic